New Horizon was founded as the premier security provider for students visiting the Washington DC metropolitan area. Our education security division serves multiple facets of the education system including private and public schools, colleges, and universities.
Currently, New Horizon security officers are assigned to the largest multi-campus community college in the United States, patrolling multiple campuses and satellite offices. New Horizon supplements the college’s police department to provide comprehensive security coverage safeguarding over 100,000 students, faculty, and visitors daily, as well as the college property itself.
In addition to higher level education security, New Horizon also implements officers in public and private school campuses in the Mid-Atlantic region. Providing school security officers is a delicate balancing act between tactical skill and friendly, approachable customer service-oriented security.
We also provide floor monitors and hotel security officers for student tour groups visiting the Washington DC metropolitan area and historical sites throughout Virginia. These student travel security officers, as well as all of our education security officers, have received specialized training to ensure the safety and well-being of all students.
Our Education Security services:
- CLERY Act Reporting
- Access Control
- Traffic Control
- Parking Lot Safety & Control
- Motorist Assistance
- After-hours Vehicle Escort
- Workplace and Domestic Violence Prevention, Investigation, and Reporting
- Crowd Control
- Crisis Management/Lockdown Assistance
- Active Shooter Response
- Fire Drill Response & Evacuation
- Dorm and Residential Security
- Medical Assistance & First Responder Services
Our Education Security Services Staffing:
- In-depth pre-screening which includes the following: background checks (including criminal and sexual offender database searches), reference checks, behavioral analysis, physical fitness assessment, drug screening, and polygraph examinations (per contract requirements)
- Extensive training which includes the following: orientation, Virginia unarmed security officer core subjects (O1E), customer service, first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation training (CPR), automated external defibrillator training (AED), bloodborne pathogen training, CLERY Act and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act training, certified active shooter training, tactical response, conflict and crisis management, on-the-job training, continuing education, traffic control, crowd control, communications, specialty patrol techniques, site-specific training to meet client expectations
Our Education Security Capabilities Enhanced with Technology:
- Real-time reporting
- On-demand reports for compliance monitoring
- GPS tracking
- Immediate emergency response
- 24/7 dispatch command center services
- SYTA is the trusted resource for educators, administrators, parents, and travel professionals and will help you navigate everything you need to know about student and youth travel.
- Click here for more information.